HUSKY FUEL FOR LIFE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, TERRITORIAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The Husky Fuel for Life contest (the “Contest”) begins on September 19, 2017 at 9:00:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes November 30, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”). By participating in this Contest, you agree that you: a) have read and understand these Official Rules (the “Rules”); b) meet the Contest eligibility requirements; c) agree to be legally bound by these Rules; and d) agree to comply with, and abide by, the Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (defined below) whose decisions shall be final and binding on all entrants.
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who: (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry; or (ii) are eighteen (18) years of age or older, but have not reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence, at the time of entry (each, a “Minor”) and whose parent/legal guardian has agreed, on such Minor’s behalf and on his/her parent/legal guardian’s own behalf, that each of them will be bound by these Rules. Notwithstanding the foregoing, employees, representatives, agents or partners of Husky Oil Marketing Company, a division of Husky Oil Operations Limited (the “Sponsor”), the Contest administrator, Launchfire Interactive (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and/or any other entity involved in the administration or execution of this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”), or those with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
NOTE TO MINORS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, on a random audit basis or at any time and for any reason, to contact a Minor’s parent/legal guardian for the purposes of verifying his/her: (i) agreement to be legally bound by these Rules on such Minor’s behalf and on his/her parent/legal guardian’s own behalf; (ii) consent to the Minor’s participation in this Contest; and/or (iii) consent to the collection of the Minor’s personal information as provided in these Rules. Failure of a Minor’s parent/legal guardian to complete any such required verification to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, result in the disqualification of such Minor.
3. HOW TO REGISTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To register for the Contest, you must visit the Contest website at www.huskyfuelforlife.ca (the “Contest Website”), during the Contest Period and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process, which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, email address and postal code; (ii) create a password for the purposes of subsequent participation in the Contest; and, (iii) agree (and, if you are a Minor, your parent/legal guardian must also agree) to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules. Once you have fully completed the registration process with all required information, click the 'submit' button to complete your registration (a “Registration”). To be eligible, your Registration must be fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Registrations will not be accepted by mail or other means of delivery.
4. HOW TO OBTAIN GAME PLAYS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Contest includes an online game (the “Game”) that takes place on the Contest Website (see Section 5 below for details). In order to play the Game, you will first need to receive Game plays (each, a “Play”). After submitting your Registration in compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), you will receive three (3) Plays through the online Contest Website. You can receive additional Plays through the various options set forth below by following the on-screen instructions available on the Contest Website.
- Entering PIN codes: Between October 2, 2017 and November 29, 2017 (the “Purchase Period”), visit a participating Husky station in Canada in the Provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba or Ontario, and make a $5 minimum purchase ($5.00) of eligible products (eligible products exclude tobacco, and gift cards) (after discounts and redemptions of any coupons or promotional gift cards and before taxes) (“Eligible Purchase”) to receive an official Contest PIN Code Card (“PIN Card”), while quantities last. For greater certainty and the avoidance of doubt: (a) PIN Cards will only be provided during the Purchase Period, while supplies last; and (b) you will receive only one (1) PIN Card per Eligible Purchase, regardless of the dollar amount of the Eligible Purchase (for example, if you make a $30 Eligible Purchase, you will only receive one (1) PIN Card). At the start of the Contest, there will be a total of 4,000,000 PIN Cards available for distribution. Each PIN Card will contain one PIN Code. Each PIN Code can only be used one (1) time during the Contest Period. Each PIN Code will automatically expire at the end of the Contest Period, or after its first use (whichever occurs first). You will receive five (5) Plays for each different PIN Code that you enter during the Contest Period, up to a maximum of seventy-five (75) Plays obtained for entering PIN Codes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY METHOD OF RECEIVING A PIN CODE: To obtain a PIN Code without having to make an Eligible Purchase, while supplies last, visithuskyfuelforlife.ca/npn between October 2, 2017 09:00:00 EST and November 29, 2017 23:59:59 EST (the “NPN PIN Request Period”) to complete an online No Purchase Necessary entry form PIN Code request (each a “NPN PIN Request”) which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), and age; and (ii) submit a 50 word or more unique and original essay in English stating why you would love free fuel for life with Husky (the “Topic”). Once your NPN PIN Request is submitted, you will receive an email notification (“Email Notification”) that includes one (1) PIN Code (while supplies last), subject to your compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). To be eligible, your NPN PIN Request must be submitted and received during the NPN PIN Request Period. The Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for any technical issues with NPN PIN Requests. Please note that each NPN PIN Request must have a different 50 word essay on the Topic. Limit of one (1) PIN Code per NPN PIN Request. There is a total limit of xxxx (XXX) PIN Codes obtained via NPN PIN Requests per entrant (while supplies last) during the NPN PIN Request Period. The Releasees take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, misdirected, late or destroyed NPN PIN Requests. PIN Codes must be used in accordance with these Rules prior to the end of the Contest Period.
- Answering Quiz Questions: There will be a total of ten (10) multiple-choice challenge questions appearing on the Contest Website. You will receive one (1) Play for each question you answer correctly (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), for a total maximum of ten (10) Plays per person. You can only answer each question correctly once. You can attempt to answer a question as many times as you like until you answer it correctly. You must answer a question correctly in order to advance to the next question. To answer a challenge question, click the “hint” button,, which will open a link (the "Link") to find the answer, and you will be presented with: (i) one of the challenge questions; (ii) multiple answers to choose from; and (iii) a "Submit" button. The Link will open a new browser window. You will then be required to search for the correct answer to the applicable challenge question. Once you have found what you believe to be the correct answer, select the corresponding answer from amongst the multiple answers to choose from.
Sharing with Friends: You can earn up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) Plays as a result of persons registering for the Contest for the first time in compliance with these Rules (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), earning five (5) Plays for each such friend who registers for the first time in accordance with any of the three (3) methods outlined below:
- Personal Link or Banner: To retrieve your personal web link, click on the “Share” link and locate the personal web link or personal banner on this page. A unique link will be displayed which you can copy to share. You may wish to post your link on instant messenger, blogs, message boards and personal web pages or in emails (subject to compliance with the applicable platform’s terms of service). The distribution of your personal web link is at your discretion, subject to the following: Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel and void any personal web link (and all associated earned Plays) which they deem, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be used or associated with content that is inappropriate. Without limiting the foregoing, such content includes all forms of pornography, spam, inappropriate language and content that incites hate, is demeaning, depreciates the value of the Sponsor’s name(s), brand(s), products or trade-marks, or incites discrimination in any form.
- Facebook® Wall Posts/Invites: To invite friends via Facebook®, if you are a user registered through Facebook®, click on the Facebook® icon in the “Social Networks” portion of the “Share” page on the Contest Website. A Facebook® pop-up box will display. You will then be able to post a message on Facebook® regarding the Contest, which will be posted to your newsfeed. PRIVACY NOTE: No personal information will be collected by the Sponsor or the Administrator from Facebook.
- Twitter® Posts/Invites: To invite friends via Twitter®, if you are a user registered through Twitter®, login to the Contest Website, click on the Twitter® icon in the “Social Networks” portion of the “Share” page and perform the following three required steps: (i) click to post the predefined message that is provided by Sponsor to your Twitter® home page; (ii) enter your Twitter® username; and (iii) press the “Tweet” button. PRIVACY NOTE: No personal information will be collected by the Sponsor or the Administrator from Twitter.
Limit of 113 Plays per person and per email address during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and/or logins, or any other method that does not comply with the letter and spirit of these Rules will void that entrant’s participation and that entrant may be disqualified (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion).
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook® or Twitter®. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook® or Twitter®. Facebook® and Twitter® are each completely released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook® or Twitter®.
5. HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
To play the Game, follow the on-screen instructions to use one (1) Play and press “Play Now” (each a “Game Play”). Then you will be presented with sixteen (16) icons (each, an “Icon”), respectively as follows (however, the arrangement of these Icons on the screen will be randomly determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of an assortment algorithm):
- Five (5) gas gauge Icons (each, a “Gas Gauge Icon”);
- Four (4) fuel nozzle icons (each, a “Fuel Nozzle Icon”);
- Three (3) Husky Icons (each, a “Husky Icon”);
- Three (3) game over Icons (each, a “Game Over Icon”); and
- One (1) entry multiplier (each, an “Entry Multiplier”).
You must select Icons to flip them over and reveal the type of Icon selected. The object of the game is to select a complete set of matching icons that are not Game Over Icons (a “Matching Set”) before selecting three (3) Game Over Icons (cumulatively). A Game Play will end when you either complete your first Matching Set or you select three (3) Game Over Icons (as determined by the Sponsor and/or Administrator at its sole and absolute discretion). If you select three (3) Game Over Icons during a Game Play, you will not receive any Entries in connection with such Game Play.
If you select a Matching Set before you select three (3) Game Over Icons during a Game Play, you will receive the corresponding number of entries into the applicable Grand Prize Draw, determined as follows:
- A Matching Set five (5) of Gas Gauge Icons will result in the receipt of one (1) entry into the Grand Prize 1 Draw (defined below) (a “Grand Prize 1 Draw Entry”);
- A Matching Set of four (4) Fuel Nozzle Icons will result in the receipt of one (1) entry into the Grand Prize 2 Draw (defined below) (a “Grand Prize 2 Draw Entry”); and
- A Matching Set of three (3) Husky Icons will result in the receipt of one (1) entry into the Grand Prize 3 Draw (defined below) (a “Grand Prize 3 Draw Entry”).
Collectively, Grand Prize 1 Draw Entries, Grand Prize 2 Draw Entries and Grand Prize 3 Draw Entries will be referred to as “Entries”.
In addition, if you select the Entry Multiplier during a Game Play, it will multiply the Entry you are eligible to receive by two (2) in the event you select a Matching Set during that same Game Play (and, for greater certainty, an Entry Multiplier will not carry over into any subsequent Game Play(s)). For example, if you match five (5) Gas Gauge Icons and reveal the Entry Multiplier during the same Game Play, you will earn two (2) Grand Prize 1 Draw Entries in connection with such Game Play (1 Grand Prize 1 Draw Entry for selecting a Matching Set of five (5) Gas Gauge Icons, multiplied by two (2) for selecting the Entry Multiplier).
You may continue to play the Game until you have run out of Plays or the close of the Contest Period, whichever occurs first.
6. LIMITS AND VERIFICATION
All Entries, Registrations, Selections, Game Plays, Plays, Matching Sets, Icons, Contest Website visits, NPN PIN Requests, Email Notifications, PIN Cards, PIN Codes and any other type of information used or submitted in connection with this Contest (collectively, “Contest-related Information”) and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, accounts, email addresses, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves its right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity, eligibility and/or compliance with these Rules (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purpose of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purpose of verifying the eligibility and/or compliance of any Contest-related Information submitted (or purportedly submitted) with these Rules; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purpose of administering this Contest in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). Disposable email addresses cannot be used for the purposes of this Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Contest-related Information, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to who has submitted any given Registration, the authorized holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. An entrant may be required to show proof of being the applicable authorized holder of the email address associated with the Registration in question. All Contest-related Information is the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. For greater certainty, Plays, Icons and Entries remain the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and can be revoked or invalidated by the Sponsor at any time and for any reason (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), and entrants will not be granted any type of rights (including without limitation property rights) in or to Plays, Icons or Entries. The Sponsor reserves the right to contact any registrant whose email address is submitted as part of this Contest for the purpose of administering this Contest.
7. THE PRIZES:
GRAND PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE
There are three (3) grand prizes available to be won (each, a “Grand Prize”), respectively as follows (limit of one (1) Grand Prize per person):
- “Grand Prize 1”: There is one (1) Grand Prize 1. Grand Prize 1 consists of “Free Fuel for Life” that will be awarded in the form of a cheque for $35,000. The prize value is calculated based on average annual fuel consumption of 1,575 litres (based on GlobalPetrol, the U.S.D.O.T and proprietary data), the current median age of Canadians, and the average age of death. The present value of the prize using current interest rates is approximately $35,000.
- “Grand Prize 2”: There is one (1) Grand Prize 2. Grand Prize 2 consists of “Free Fuel for 5 Years” that will be awarded in the form a cheque for $8,250. The prize value is calculated based on average annual fuel consumption of 1,575 litres (based on GlobalPetrol, the U.S.D.O.T and proprietary data). The present value of the prize using current interest rates is approximately $8,250.
- “Grand Prize 3”: There is one (1) Grand Prize 3. Grand Prize 3 consists of “Free Fuel for 1 Year” that will be awarded in the form of myHusky Rewards points in the value of $1,750.
Each Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable nor assignable (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option.
8. GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION:
On December 15, 2017 (the “Draw Date”) in Ottawa, Ontario at 12:00:00 ET, the Administrator will perform the following three (3) random draws (each, a “Grand Prize Draw”):
- One (1) “Grand Prize 1 Draw” from among all eligible Grand Prize 1 Entries received during the Contest Period and the first selected entrant shall be deemed the potential Grand Prize 1winner. The odds of winning Grand Prize 1 will depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize 1 Entries received during the Contest Period.
- One (1) “Grand Prize 2 Draw” from among all eligible Grand Prize 2 Entries received during the Contest Period and the first selected entrant shall be deemed the potential Grand Prize 2 winner. The odds of winning Grand Prize 2 will depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize 2 Entries received during the Contest Period.
- One (1) “Grand Prize 3 Draw” from among all eligible Grand Prize 3 Entries received during the Contest Period and the first selected entrant shall each be deemed the potential Grand Prize 3 winner. The odds of winning Grand Prize 3 will depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize 3 Entries received during the Contest Period.
The Administrator or its designated representative will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact each potential Grand Prize winner via the email address provided at the time of registration within seven (7) business days of the Draw Date. If a potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted after three (3) attempts made within seven (7) business days of the Draw Date; then such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining applicable eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential winner, with the necessary amendments).
BEFORE BEING DECLARED A CONFIRMED GRAND PRIZE WINNER, each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid which will be administered over the phone; (b) sign (and, if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will also have to sign) and return within seven (7) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Grand Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Contest Parties and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Grand Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet, and on the winners’ list. If a potential Grand Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents, within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the applicable Grand Prize as awarded (for any reason); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Grand Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate potential winner from among the remaining applicable eligible Entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential winner, with the necessary amendments).
9. WINNERS’ LIST
For the names of the Grand Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by February 28, 2018 to:
Husky Fuel for Life Contest
22 Hamilton Avenue North
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 1B6
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE ENTRANT'S COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ELIGIBILITY AND GAME PLAY) HAS BEEN VERIFIED (AS DETERMINED BY THE SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT SUCH VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREENSHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONOURED.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entrants or Contest-related Information.
The Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Contest-related Information to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems, mail service problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, without further prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason.
If due to printing, production, online, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more Prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Rules (at any prizing level), Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing from amongst all eligible Prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the correct number of Prizes at the applicable prizing level (as stated in these Rules). The Sponsor may stop awarding Prizes in the event Sponsor becomes aware of such an error. In no event will the Sponsor be liable to award more than the number of Prizes (at the applicable prizing level), as provided in these Rules.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or any Contest-related Information with these Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer a test of skill, or an alternate test of skill, at any time as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflict of law principles, and all entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
By entering this Contest, each entrant (and, if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Registration and/or Email Request (if applicable) for the purpose of administering the Contest and in accordance with the Sponsor’s privacy statement at: (http://www.myhusky.ca/about-husky/privacy-statement). No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to an entrant, unless such entrant has otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry/registration form and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Contest and all related material are Copyright © Husky Oil Marketing Company, a division of Husky Oil Operations Limited. Participants are hereby authorized to reproduce these official rules on the condition that it will be for their personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.